This is the one in which Neela and Michael get married on the spur of the moment (or in a state of post-coital "whew! I'm not dead!" relief, given he's just back from Iraq and she's nearly died in a burning building).
Someone over on neela_ray suggested that Neela and Michael are being held up as the opposite of Abby and Luka. You've got the contrast between Neela and Michael on the El on the way in, all teasing and loving, and as they head home, sitting side by side like colleagues who just finished their shift. Meanwhile Luka and Abby are acting like newly weds ought to...
You can tell it's going to be rocky ahead when Michael says Neela gives him somewhere peaceful to be. This is our Neela he's talking about, right? The one who is always scowling and snapping at people? Peaceful...? You could get carried away with the symbolism of it all - Neela marries in white (the colour of mourning) and when they get the El home, they sit facing backwards (i.e. not facing the direction they are travelling in, not looking towards the future but instead the past...). Plus their wedding is displaced by a funeral and Michael suggests having lillies for the flowers. Whatever can be coming up with these two crazy kids, huh?
"wankiest!" Yeh! Score one for the English slang!
Abby talks sense. Abby always talks sense. You think all those bad traits are Luka's? She also deals with the whole Kovac/Clemente business pretty damn sharpish, as well. She's starting to become Saint Abby.
Luka is back to looking sexy, after last week's disturbing hints of double-chin, but I'm a sucker for him in the smart suit. The singing is ridiculously cute.
Nice brown t-shirt on Ray. Where does he get all his shirts from? And where did he get a shirt and jacket from?
When did Morris grow some balls? Standing up to Weaver? Whew. Although I notice Weaver gave a job to Ray above Morris, and Ray did the talking reassuringly to the friend, and told Morris he did well. Which suggests they're going to make Ray into a good doctor.
Personally, if my wedding reception only had The Greatest Hits of Barry Manilow, I would be seriously annoyed. Almost as annoyed as I suspect Ray is with the honeymoon being in his apartment. Yes, that's my Neela/Ray shippiness coming out.
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay! Can comment!
This is the one in which Neela and Michael get married on the spur of the moment (or in a state of post-coital "whew! I'm not dead!" relief, given he's just back from Iraq and she's nearly died in a burning building).
Been thinking, or obsessing, as some might call it, and this has to be a factor for both of them.
Plus their wedding is displaced by a funeral and Michael suggests having lillies for the flowers.
This hits home more for me than the white = funeral, as white wedding dress = traditional colour of wedding dress for me.
Whatever can be coming up with these two crazy kids, huh?
Do you think it could be...angst? I know it might be a reach for ER, but that's that I think ;)
She also deals with the whole Kovac/Clemente business pretty damn sharpish, as well. She's starting to become Saint Abby.
There's always a tendency to do this with Abby for the writers, though she isn't being self-righteous, and there's a lot of vulnerablitiy over the Luka thing. I think it's the old nurse in her.
Do you think it could be...angst? I know it might be a reach for ER, but that's that I think ;)
Angst? In ER? Surely not!
I think it's pretty clear they're not setting up Neela/Michael as a happy ever after.
Post a Comment