Sunday, March 12, 2006

01.11 Happy New Year

So it's 1995. I was unemployed in 1995. Just saying.

Carter finds a gangbanger victim in the street and gets him borught in. Mark lets Carter incubate the patient and does the report to Benton but still Benton doesn't let him into the OR. You can really tell Carter is going to end up in the ER rather than becoming a surgeon. He even raises his problems with Benton to Mark. Isn't it strange how some characters are naturally refered to by their family names and others by their given names?

Lydia is giving up smoking as a "New Year's Revolution", according to Dr Bob.

Susan is having lots of grief with the Surgeon from Hell (aka Kayson aka the guy who played Holland Manners in Angel). He's being extra slow in dealing with any cases she presents to him. One of her patients that Kayson OK'd for release bounces back and dies so Kayson blames her.

Who the heck is this? Benton has a girlfriend? Oh, wait...it's his sister. That wasn't made immediately clear, and seeing Benton even touching anyone else, never mind hugging them, is bound to lead a person to the wrong conclusion.

Chloe is moving to Texas, and will be having the baby, despite Susan's misgivings. Then Susan has to attend a drug-user having a baby, as well as various other pregnant woman.

Carter is finally invited into the OR. He manages about 30 seconds before he's sent back out for being useless. Eventually he's allowed to hold a clamp. Aw.

This feels like a bit of filler episode. Nothing awful, nothing fabulous. There no fallout at work about Doug's declaration to Carol, although an elderly couple are brought in who have been happily married for 40+ years and Doug is all medatative about why he hasn't found someone to share his life with in the same way. This episode progresses the storylines but doesn't feel particularly significant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it strange how some characters are naturally refered to by their family names and others by their given names?
Isnt it though? John and Peter who?

Of the current crop, I still have something like a double-take reaction to Neela calling Gallant Michael. And I don't even know Morris's first name.

Mags said...

I still have something like a double-take reaction to Neela calling Gallant Michael. And I don't even know Morris's first name.

Although the Michael vrs Gallant thing is very handy for writing different perspectives ( Neela calls him Michael, others call him Gallant).

Morris has a first name?

Anonymous said...

I presume. He is referred to as Dr Morris, isn't he? This is probably a researchable thing now that Sctt Grimes is in the credits. Hang on. Ah, it's Archie. I think I may hve known that.