Thursday, March 16, 2006

01.12 Luck of the Draw

I've slowed, not because my interest has waned but because I have been travelling for work, and have people down this weekend which means doing some of those household chores I hate. Yes, mopping the kitchen floor is only the work of minutes but there are so many more interesting ways to spend my life...and then it's been months and there are people on the way and...so anyway. I wrote this on the road and have only corrected it in terms of spelling, grammar and looking up a link or two.
--
In which Susan gets her arse kicked and Cater gets a sub-student, Deb. Deb who later becomes Chen. Another one of those surname only characters.

I should maybe point out I am writing this in a hotel room, having just had a bizarre conversaion about bisexuality with my boss. This being the boss who regards me as "ploughing my own furrow", whatever that means.

So, it’s Doug’s turn to be hit on by a patient. She looks very like some one from Buffy [note now sober - I was confused: Kristen Davis was Charlotte in Sex and the City aka the one no-one wanted to be]. Doug turns her down within earshot of Mark, who does a wonderful double-take.

Carol gets a needlestick whilst talking about how hard it is to get a handle on the commitment to infinity involved with marriage.

Green is dealing with a drug mule.
"Where’d you learn Spanish?"
"Here."
Carter dumps the rectal on the mule to Chen. He gets Chen to glove up and dig in. She doesn’t use lubricant. This is where reading loads of slash fiction causes a fan to wince.

Susan faces disciplinary charges re the heart guy from 01.11. Morgenstern tries to make Susan "an agggresive advocate for her patients".

There's a great patient with a colour-coded medical binder, who is obsessed with colours and meaning. He says he can’t go into trauma 2 because it’s green, and green is bad. I vaguely recall someone saying that you can tell which patient is doomed based on which trauma room they end up in, so I have an urge to track this. Is trauma 2 the bad one?

Mark fesses up to telling Morgenstern that Susan backs down when faced with strong willed types. She is furious.

Doug’s son is 8 but he doesn’t know his name and has never seen him. Backstory ahoy!

The father of a son sets up a DNR.

Guys comes in who is a sociologist who asks two questions before then setting about provoking a violent reaction. Carol gets wound up by him asking questions about her marriage. She wins, 21 seconds PAI (Provocation to assult index). She goes on to put an angry boxer into the same room as the question-guy and thus causing the boxer to punch out the scientist. Given that Eve was sacked for letting her feelings injure a patient in 12.10, shouldn't Carol have her wrist slapped?

Benton’s mother goes missing.

Chen misuses the cart and shocks Carter.

I love the business with Alan, the colours guy. When Susan and Carol realise he has cancer and try to confront him about it, the camera spins so that trauma 2 – the green, evil, trauma room - is visible behind him.

Susan is freaked by Holland Manners watching her work.

Doc Magoo’s established. Susan wears the mushroom hat of doom. Carol sets a May wedding.

No comments: