I saw this when it was on, but Real Life has been being v. busy so here I am. I can't recall that much, which is bad. Reading the synopsis on Parminder Online, I am mostly thinking 'meh'.
Kerry finally agrees to surgery. Within the context of the show, this was well done. I liked her doubts about how she will define herself after this. Outside the context, a small bit of me snarks that she is only being fixed due to House cornering the market in grouchy doctors with walking sticks.
The Pratt is a prat storyline isn't really grabbing me. I feel like they just don't know what to do with him, and need someone to argue with Luka now Clemente is off.
Abby and the baby is, well, meh.
Neela cooks bad cookies. In light of subsequent episodes, I am starting to think Neela cannot actually cook. This would be a great reversal of things, if Ray is the one who can cook. Neela also sucks at Socialising 101, resulting in her cold-shouldering by the serviceperson's spouses gang. Yay for Neela's Britishness, in terms of how she swears at the cookie tasters, but boo for hitting us over the head with the political thing. If we had seen any sign of this gang before, or if there had been anyone there who looked like they wanted to agree it would have been a little more subtle.
All is forgiven however, for the Roomie love is coming out. I like that he was secretly watching Ghost, and that he taped the poker. I like that she just settles. I see this ending badly.
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kerry finally agrees to surgery. Within the context of the show, this was well done.
Yeah, I do like moments like this, where somethng that's been around for a long time is focused on. I found this storyline involving.
I feel like they just don't know what to do with him,
Good point, they do feel as if they've been throwing things about with Prat - the father and his second family, Olivia and heplping her organisation, being a mentor to that kid with the alkie dad, being a better doc than Morris.
In light of subsequent episodes, I am starting to think Neela cannot actually cook. i'm trying to remember if there was ever any talk of he cooking or who did the food before, and I rather think there wasn't.
I like that he was secretly watching Ghost, I KNOW!!!
Post a Comment